Killybegs Bulk Handling
Killybegs Bulk Handling is a full service offering, delivering Ships Agency, Stevedoring and Storage facilities at Killybegs Harbour in County Donegal.
The best deep water port on Irelands west coast, Killybegs, home to a large portion of the Irish fishing fleet in the winter months, is ideal for affordable import / export and storage for a range of industries.
Killybegs Bulk Handling has a dedicated team with over 30 years experience available 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Pier stats at a glance
- Commercial pier Operating 24/7
- 150m pier – Max 9m draft
- 300m pier Max 12m draft
- 70 MT per / Msq loading
- Open Ocean access
- Arrival / Sailing 24/7
- Secure open storage 70,000 m2
- On site office accommodation
- Turning circle 300m
- Tide range 1.52 – 3.38m
- No air draft restrictions
- Operating ISPS Level 1
- Customs control office stationed within new pier
Experience and Vision
The team at Killybegs Bulk handing have worked with everything from large specialised cargo to perishable food stuffs.
Areas of experience include:
- Wind Turbines
- Off shore exploration
- Refrigerated Cargo
- Specialised cargo
- General Bulk
With our in depth knowledge of the renewables industry Killybegs Bulk Handling is specifically targeted at supporting the import and storage of wind turbines for on shore sites.
Killybegs Bulk Handling is looking to the future and stands ready to work with the industry as it looks toward the development of Off Shore Floating wind off the West Coast of Ireland.
Killybegs Bulk Handling will be a support in both Research and Development Phase, Build Phase and ongoing Operations and Maintenance as Killybegs becomes the staging port for the Offshore Floating Wind Industry.
Our versatile and experienced team have assisted in the technical operations and loading of everything from dismantled oil & gas installations, jack-up-barges, pipes, transformers, generators, cable reels, anchors and autoclaves.
- Ships agency
- Stevedoring / cargo handling
- Project and shore base operations
- Secure project storage set down space
- Towage / Barges / Workboats
- Crane (15 – 20t available locally)
- Crew travel / change / medivac
- Bunkering, Fresh Water, Ships Chandelery
- Port and customs clearance
- Transport (planning, permits and route surveys)
- Cargo laydown and uplifting