Forestry, the original Renewable resource, has a big place in the heritage of Ronan Group Renewables.
30 years ago the founder of the group began investing in forestry as part of his private assets. Now thousands of acres across multiple plantations are part of the portfolio.
Ireland has an ideal climate for forestry with one of the fastest growth rates of trees in Europe helping to reduce climate change effects.
Irish forest cover has grown from 1% to 11.5% and continues to develop, Ronan Group Renewables is proud to be part of this sustainable and renewable industry for the last 30 years and many years ahead.
Did you know
- Forestry is a growth industry in Ireland, contributing €2.3bn to GDP annually
- Exports of forest products from Ireland were valued in excess of €355 million and growing
- Forestry provides stable and predictable returns in times of economic volatility
- Planting is grant aided providing income for 15 years
- Secure Land based investment
- Good synergies with other renewable investment opportunities
- Adds value to poor quality agricultural land
- Farmers retain single farm payment benefits
- The forest premium and timber income are free from income tax.